07th June 2017 Current Affairs
Current Affairs with Latest News highlights had given here on this page. Candidates are suggested go through the below sections to read Today Current Affairs News all over the world. Get Daily Current Affairs and GK Questions.
Current Affairs 2022 – Insights Latest News Highlights
- Union Government has launched India’s first Rural LED Street Lighting Project in AP.
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has launched three new apps to help the customers.
- First in India, Telangana Government launched the pension scheme for a single woman.
- SBI has planned to organize mega farmers meet on 8th June 2017.
- Five Arab countries break diplomatic ties with Qatar.
- ICICI Bank has commissioned 200 solar-powered ATMs
Today Current Affairs News – National
Union Government has launched India’s first Rural LED Street Lighting Project in AP
The government is going to launch 10 lakh LED street lights in 7 districts of the state. In the first phase, the LED Street Lights launched in Kurnool, Anathapur, Kadapa, Nellore, Guntur, Prakasam, Chittoor. Under Government of India’s Street Lighting National Project (SLNP), this is the first project. The capital cost for this project has funded by French Development Agency Agence Française de Développement.
Telangana Government launched the pension scheme for a single woman
Across the state, the Telangana Government launches single-woman pension scheme. Under this scheme, women will get 1,000 per month.
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has launched three new apps
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) launched three new apps to help the customers QOS (Quality of Service), Performance, Speed. The Name of the three new apps is My call app, MySpeed app and ‘Do not disturb (DND 2.0)’.
- My call app – It is an Andriod based application for crowdsourced voice call quality monitoring
- MySpeed app – Without any actions from customers, the app will enable TRAI to obtain data in all service areas of the users.
- DND app – To avoid unsolicited commercial communication/telemarketing calls/SMS users can register their mobile number under DND.
Current Affairs Today – International
Five Arab countries break diplomatic ties with Qatar
The Five Arab Countries Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, and Bahrain, cut ties with Qatar. The countries have accused Qatar supported Sunni Islamist terrorism and Iranian designs. The Arab nations have also planned to cut off all land, air and sea traffic with Qatar.
Astronomers has discovered a Giant Planet Hotter Than Most Stars
Astronomers discover ever known hottest planet with more than 4,300 degrees Celsius of dayside temperature. The new Giant Planet which hotter than most stars is KELT-9b. It is a hybrid planet-star, having the mass of Planet and atmosphere like a star.
07th June 2017 News Highlights of Today India – Business and Economic
RBI observing 5th – 9th June as a week-long financial literacy
RBI will celebrate Financial Literacy Week from June 5 – 9 across the country to spotlight the importance of financial literacy. This week the bank will focus on four broad themes:
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Exercising Credit Discipline
- Grievance Redress and Going Digital
Vijaya Bank has planned to develop 100 Digital Villages
To promote digital banking in the rural population, Vijaya Bank has started to develop 100 Digital Villages as many as across the state. It is the only public sector financial institution for developing digital villages, and it also developed 5 villages.
ICICI Bank has commissioned 200 solar-powered ATMs
In the last one year, ICICI has commissioned 200 solar-powered ATMs to reduce carbon footprint and use more clean energy. It is equal to 42,000 rural households power for an entire year.
SBI has planned to organize mega farmers meet on 8th June 2017
State Bank of India is going to host mega 10,000 farmers come meet to understand the finance provided and credit needed. The Meeting has organized at the 15,500 banks in rural and semi-urban branches on 8th June 2107. A total loan of Rs.2,70,000 crore in the agriculture segment.